- Indigenous Experiences is situated on the grounds of the Canadian Museum of History (100 Laurier Street, Gatineau, QC K1A 0M8).
- Our prime downtown location is easily accessible by car, foot, bus or Aqua-Taxi, a watercraft summer shuttle service between the Canadian Museum of History, the Ottawa dock (located below Parliament Hill), Richmond Landing (providing access to the Canadian War Museum) and the Casino du Lac-Leamy.
- Bicycle racks and complimentary gear check are offered inside The Museum.
- For Aqua-Taxi schedules and rates, visit www.aufeeldeleau.ca.
- To reach the Museum by bus, please use the OC Transpo or the Société de transport de l’Outaouais trip planner.
- Visit https://www.historymuseum.ca for additional information.
The Canadian Museum of History Call Centre agents are available to take your booking and answer any of your questions, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EDT. and on weekends and statutory holidays from 9 a.m to 4 p.m EDT. Please call 819-776-7014 or 1-800-555-5621, or email us at: email@example.com.
- Allow approximately 2 hours for your visit to Indigenous Experiences - more time if you also plan to tour The Museum
- Check the local weather before visiting. Severe weather may lead to temporary closures: please contact us to confirm.
- Paid parking is available at The Canadian Museum of History. Rate: $2.75 per half hour | Daily maximum rate: $13 (Prices are subject to change for special events and festivals.)
- There is additional parking on streets around The Museum. Check for posted hours and rates
Free parking is available year-round at the Robert Guertin Arena, located at 125 Carillon Street in Gatineau, a few minutes from Indigenous Experiences.
The National Capital Region includes the cities of Ottawa and Gatineau and surrounding area. Indigenous Experiences at The Canadian Museum of History is located on the Gatineau side of the interprovincial bridge which connects to Ottawa’s famed ByWard Market, less than 5 minutes from downtown Ottawa and Parliament Hill.
The following links provide tourism information for the region including accommodations, restaurants, transportation, attractions and upcoming events.